Frequently asked questions

What is a Building Surveyor?

A Building Surveyor is responsible for making sure your house or any structures (e.g. Patio, Carport, Retaining Wall or Swimming Pool etc) comply with the minimum standards of building regulations. They also work together with engineers, architects and builders to make sure your buildings/structures are designed and constructed to meet all relevant building standards.

How long does it take to issue a Certificate of Design Compliance?

As long as there are all required information (as per our checklist), our turnaround times are within 1-3 working days.

Do I need a Building Permit?

Yes. Most new buildings or structures including additions and alterations to existing buildings need a Building Permit for the construction. Some exemptions may apply under the Building Regulations 2012.

Is a Building Permit required if my construction value is less than $20,000?


Do I have to comply with bushfire requirements?

Yes, if you are located in a nominated Bushfire Prone Area with a residential building or associated outbuildings or decks. Use this DFES link to find out if your property is within a nominated bushfire zone (coloured pink).

Why do I need a private Building Surveyor?

In the interest of saving you time and money, you should engage a private certifier.

Home     About       Services      Insights     Contact

Baumhaus Building Services offer professional building surveying advice to the residential and commercial sectors throughout Perth. Based in Kalamunda, in the Perth Hills, servicing the whole Perth metropolitan region and regional Western Australia.


      0449 008 905

Through WISDOM a house is built and by UNDERSTANDING it is established...

  • Grey LinkedIn Icon

© Copyright 2020 BAUMHAUS - Design by mediazona